August 12, 2014

Date Night (August)

Now that we finally have gotten into our summer groove....summer is on it's way out. I plan to hold on tightly and milk as much summer out of Sept as I can. I had an epiphany in July that has started our August off with  a big happy sigh. Feels like I've been holding that sigh in for a while.

Greg and I had an impromptu date night last weekend. It was one of those days that worked out smoothly from start to finish. And it was such a nice night. Remember that sweet big bear we ran into on the canal a few weeks ago? He's not only an author and expert on Abe Lincoln, but also a very talented musician. Fortunately for us, he happened to be playing at a spot an old friend of Greg's recently opened.

                              (I couldn't get a good photo that night, so I pulled this old one from the net)
                        When J spotted Greg he announced mid song "GD is here". Or something like that.         The expression on his face was priceless, so what he actually said was a blur. So funny. J is one
                         of the sweetest guys I've ever met.

Because many of Greg's old friends were in town for a memorial service for PSH, it turned into a mini reunion. (Did I ever share about Greg's acting debut with PSH??) The weather was perfect for outdoor                              chatting and the oldies music was so fun. It was such a good date night.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

You squeeze and squeeze...summer is grand, and it has seemed to fly by this year.

Love 'perfect' date nights!

Thanks for posting. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...