June 10, 2011

Che bella giornata!

 Oh, how I would love to speak Italian. I used to know a little bit. My grandfather is from Sicily....When I was a child he hosted a local Italian radio program. The music and his words were all in Italian. I remember listening to the radio on my birthday and waiting for "Maria Betta" which is what he called me {Mary Beth}.

Che bella giornata=What a beautiful day!

We have been having a mini love affair with Brooklyn. Greg would love if we moved there.....I'm happy with the occasional visit. This part of Brooklyn.....is wonderful. The houses are charming and unique.

  The walk along the bridge is lovely....especially if you pretend that the river is actually clean.


 One of our destinations was this amazing pizza place {Grimaldi's}. The line was long and full. We were at the end of the line until we {and our line mates}had the clever idea to phone in our orders. An hour wait turned into 20 minutes and a walk to the head of the line.

The best pizza ever! Ever. The cheese was fresh......the tomatoes flown in from Italy.
Il mio bello marito {my handsome husband}

We ate our pizza under the bridge.....pizza under the Brooklyn Bridge. So fun. 

9 comments:

carole said...

Wow - that pizza looks amazing! I love all the pictures. And the Italian, too!

Casey // this modern love. said...

You are one good lookin' family - and that is one good lookin' pizza! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun place to live - you have everything around you.

Cute pictures of you guys (the pizza looks muy delicioso!) I love the pics of your old house too. I love that open space with the green grass and the clouds. My heart sinks when I go down memory lane - you are torn with that feeling of wanting to revisit those old times. But it's much better to just smile, be grateful that you HAVE those memories, and look forward with positive anticipation. Today will be yesterday before you know it.

AZ Hugs!!!

These Are The Days said...

I love New York. My husband lived in Brooklyn for a while right before we got married. You are making me crave pizza at 6:30 a.m., thanks a lot! :)

Unknown said...

I thought I commented here already?

I miss NY.....would love to share one of those pizzas with you sometime. Maybe one day.....looks like a great time was had by all!

really.truly said...

I would love it too. Come visit....I'll take you out for pizza!!

Polly said...

So jealous for your Chicago style pizza! The bridge shot you took would look great enlarged in a frame, so artistic!

Darcie said...

That pizza looks like it is out of this world! YUMMMY!!! There you go again, making a simple outing look like the grandest adventure. I must learn your methods. ;-)

really.truly said...

It was simple.....the bridge and pizza truly made it grande :) To me, that pizza was the most delicious pizza ever, and walking with the Brooklyn Bridge as your background...fahgetabotit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...