September 9, 2012

Thanks!

I have so many blog posts floating around in my head, just no time to sit and write them.
It's been a little like that with my prayers lately. I have so many prayers, but have had the hardest time praying. I can give thanks, but when it comes to actually praying about specific things....I get flustered. I can pray for others. No problem. Specific prayers that I should be able to just list off....not so easy .

So, I've been praying "please Lord, help me to know how to pray. How to form the sentences".

That may sound odd, but God does tell us to pray all things. As I was sitting in church today, I started thinking of all the things I am thankful for, and why I am thankful for them.

I'm starting with our church.

I'm so thankful that we found our church. How in the world did we find our church? It's not in our town, it's not a big church, and there are a lot of churches in our area. I know we are supposed to be there. I actually get the warm fuzzies on Sunday mornings. I thought today~ oh, how I wish we could go everyday. Sound fanatical? It just feels safe there, and it makes me happy...though you will often see me with tears rolling down my cheeks. Especially during worship. Sometimes I want to hide from the real world and it's messy situations. Church is my temporary escape. It reminds me what's important, and where my focus should be. I really like this church, but I'm not even "plugged in"-as in participating in various ministries. Because of some past hard church experiences, I've purposely stayed back from participating. Greg, on the other hand, has gotten involved. Anyway, so thankful for the various people{all ages, all backgrounds} I've met there, the situations and stories I've heard {from others there}, and for God leading us there. It always reminds me that there are so many hurting people out there. We need to remember that. My hearts been heavy for the hurting. Ahhhh.....ok, back to the list.

I'm thankful for our apartment complex. It's technically a townhouse, but it's on top of another townhouse....so, I consider it a 2 story apartment. Yes, I miss having our own home. I miss that a lot. We will have a home again one day. Until then, I'm thankful that our current situation has caused me to not really think deeply about decorating. That used to be a mini hobby of mine. Knowing this place is temporary has caused us to take our focus off yardwork, decor {and shopping for decor!}, and other house related things. Instead, we spend so much more time together. We are able to read more, to get outside and play, and to explore our city. Also, we have some unique and wonderful neighbors.

I'm thankful for our neighbor. She plays Wii with our boys, is our resident Mrs kravitz, and kills spiders. Actually, her dad comes over and sprays the massive spiders that have suddenly overwhelmed us.

I'm thankful for my girlfriends. So very enormously thankful. I'm thankful that my true blue friends accept me just the way I am....mistakes, flaws, hormone fluctuations, whining, and all. Just wish they weren't so far away. Thankful for phone and text! Especially thankful that I'm able to talk on the phone to my dear friend who moved to India. Though, I don't understand why God would clearly bring us together as friends only to have them move to India? So many things I just don't understand. Oh right, the list....

I'm thankful for homeschooling. I never would have imagined this would be our path. 
I'm thankful for our curriculum this year....Heart of Dakota-Preparing hearts. I really wanted a curriculum that was all planned out for me this year. The boys are happy, and I'm happy. Phew.

Speaking of homeschooling. My girlfriend just published her ebook {meant to encourage homeschoolers}. It's called Called Home by Karen Debeus. She has a heart hoping to encourage other homeschoolers.

I would like to keep listing all the things I'm thankful for, but I have a pint of ice cream and some boys waiting.

To be continued......I'm feeling a bit thought filled lately. Y'know ,those heart on my sleeve moments. I will hopefully filter my thoughts, but no guarantees. :)


6 comments:

Karen DeBeus said...

very sweet post. I am so thankful for YOU. So glad God brought you to NJ-don't know what I'd do without our texting conversations at any time of the day!
love you!

Tiffanie Hage said...

Hmph! I thought I was your only texting girl! LOL You are the texting queen!! :) You are loved by many Mimi! Certainly by me!

rebecca said...

girl, i miss you!! i am cracking up, remembering when you and i started texting .... :)

Darcie said...

awwww! I am so thankful for YOU, and thankful that you have found an inner peace!

Tara said...

This post makes me happy for you! Sad for me that I'm not your texting buddy ;) Kidding (sort of)! Hope you're having a great day!

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

I love this post. There's something about showing gratitude that just makes me instantly happy. We are so blessed. I'm glad you're loving your homeschool curriculum this year...awesome. Thanks for the sweet comment. xo, Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...