September 27, 2011

The Days Fly By

 *Oh my word....this shows you how tired I've been lately. I just realized that I posted the same set of photos twice. Just deleted them. Teaches me to read my own blog sometimes. Oy....'nother cup of coffee please.

I actually have no business being on my blog right now, but the boys are happily playing. Sammy is actually singing. It's so sweet. The words..... "pretty, pretty please do you ever feel like your nothing? you are something, you are perfect to me".
 I have so many thoughts right now....but just one emotion {maybe two}. I have that lump in my tummy feeling of love. Actually, love and thankfulness. I am so very thankful. Our life may not look perfect. Our home may not be what it was 2 years ago. But it is filled with love and laughter. I have days where I feel overwhelmed and probably wouldn't win the best mommy award. I have days where I'm trying to figure out why we are here {in NJ} and if we should stay or move on. I'm still processing all the changes in our life.

We went into Hoboken on Sunday. It's a quick drive and we were craving the best pizza ever{Grimaldi's} We didn't realize that a music & art festival was in full swing. We discussed getting rid of all of our furniture {some things we've had for 20 yrs} and starting fresh in Hoboken {renting an apartment in a high rise, overlooking the water}. I was tempted....Greg was totally serious. Who knows? These are the experiences and adventures that help us not be so homesick. A simple 15 minute drive into Hoboken will energize us a bit.....a glimpse into a different life.

One thing that made me laugh....while walking through the festival, I stopped at a vendor. Greg and the boys wandered in a different direction. In the 10 minutes we were separated, Greg became fast friends with a young man tending one of the booths. In that 10 min., Greg learned that the young man's girlfriend was the runner up for America's Next Top Model, his roommate was the winner, where they lived, how much their rent was, where all the models hang out. He just supplied all this info to Greg. I have a feeling that he was new to the area and probably a bit homesick himself....just looking for a friendly face to talk to.

Where am I going with all this? Well, I began typing knowing where this was headed and have quickly fallen off course. Bottom line, I've learned many things here in NJ. I've learned to not sweat the small stuff so much. I've learned to enjoy the present and be hopeful for the future. I've learned to embrace and enjoy change.

I've learned to leave early for the Y, because it's hard to find a parking spot.....and to bring lots of quarters for the meter. Yes, I've learned all about metered parking.


I've learned that we like to do things a little off course. Instead of taking piano lessons...we choose drums {and conga, and rhythm instruments}. I've learned to keep a rugby ball in the car because you never know when a quick game of catch may happen. I've also learned to keep an extra change of clothes in the car because if they decide to wade through the little river....they will inevitably slip and get wet. I've learned that just because the ocean looks beautiful doesn't mean it's clean. Wish I didn't learn that lesson.
I've learned that one day may be hard, but the next may be wonderful. Recently, I was feeling a bit worried about something with the boys. Then, straight from God.....my worries were calmed and I was rejoicing. I'm learning to pray again. I had been slacking in that area. I'm learning who I am. 

So very thankful.

Oh.....and I've learned that a simple Keurig machine can make 
my mornings go so much smoother.

3 comments:

Darcie said...

A lot of heartfelt thoughts in this post, Mimi. I see where you are coming from and where you are going to(in your thoughts). Sometime we just need to be with them and see what we are trying to process. (Still talking about your thoughts). I also find that it does the body and heart good to get away from home and explore. Helps you dream and then simply be thankful for even what is.

Okay...now that I have written a post. :-) Love all the pictures of what brings true joy to your heart...your boys(all three of them).

Love ya girl!

Tara said...

Maybe I've always had the wrong impression of Hoboken because you make it sound so nice. Wherever you end up, God has a plan for your family. He is going to work it all out.

More Than Words said...

I'm so glad I read this, and was able to catch up just a little bit!!

Hoboken! Makes me think of Carlos Bakery!!!! Did you visit there??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...