April 14, 2012

Grandma

Today, Greg's our Grandma died. She was Great Grandma to our boys. I realized today that I knew her longer than I had known my biological Grandfather {who died when I was 11}. Grandma R was one of the most amazing, wonderful, and kind women I have ever been privileged to know. To feel loved by her, and treated as her true grandaughter was a gift.

This past Easter was also a gift. Normally, my brother hosts Easter in Syracuse and that is where we spend our day. This year, for various reasons Easter was being held at my mom's home....which meant we would drive home for the day, and also get to spend time with Greg's family. We feel so blessed to have been able to sit and chat with Grandma, to tell her we loved her one last time. In fact, I remember kissing her and saying goodbye....only to quickly return and tell her I wanted to give her one more kiss. Our world all ready feels very different without Grandma in it.




 





7 comments:

Tara said...

She looks like a sweet, sweet Grandma! You will always have those memories to hold onto and cherish. Sending my condolences to your family!

Unknown said...

So sorry, Mimi! Glad you decided to go spend Easter back home.

rebecca said...

So precious, these pictures and your memories of Grandma. Thank you for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Stacy said...

I'm so sorry, Mimi.
I'm SOOO glad you went back for Easter. Wow. You must still be just thanking God you went home!!!

really.truly said...

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

SO amazing that we went home the Sunday before to see her. The boys even said that they were so happy to watch golf with grandma one last time. We miss her so much.

Darcie said...

Sending you loves and hugs, and what a truly amazing Grandma you had! Sweet pictures too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...