March 17, 2010

1st Adventure: Rainy Weekend

We had a very rainy and windy weekend.  I decided to break out my spring rain boots. I can assure you that I do not actually have elephant ankles...though this picture shows otherwise.  Can you believe that I saw someone else wearing these exact same boots?! What are the chances??
 Friday night, while running errands...the rain started. By the time I left the store....most roads to our apartment were closed....roads were flooded...and trees were falling. It was mayhem. About that same time, we lost power.  We made the best of it and camped out.....enjoying a meal from Taco Bell. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

The next morning G got a call that one of their leased buildings blew over....with a security guard inside(he was fine). It was a portable building down by the water...so we jumped in the car and headed there (G needed to take pictures and see what happened). On the way, we missed our ramp and ended up on this really long, high bridge headed for NYC. I have a big fear of bridges...so I started to panic a bit. Just a bit.
 I'm really not sure when this fear started.....but it makes for some interesting road trips. Seriously...while on a bridge..I hold my breath, don't try talking to me, I pray the whole time, I just about hyper ventilate. G kept pointing out different things.....like NYC above....and I just kept saying....keep your eyes on the road.
 We finally made it to the site...G did his thing and then we headed to IKEA. I'm having a little obsession with IKEA lately. And I have to tell you...their food is pretty good. They are known for their Swedish meatballs....they are not bad at all.  The boys found these cute animal puppets while we were there.


The day before G went to get his hair cut at a barber shop. While there....Sam announced that he would like a hair cut as well. He went for a short buzz. It's funny because now people are not so sure if the boys are twins.
A weekend full of random adventures....just how we like it.

13 comments:

Tara said...

I thought y'all had probably lost power. Glad everybody is safe though.

I am always telling D to keep his eyes on the road. He scares me to death but I'm deathly afraid of heights (not just bridges).

Cute haircut...I noticed it before you mentioned it! Sorry, haven't emailed yet!

Wendy said...

Hmmm...another thing we have in common, the bridge phobia. Who knew?! I have never liked walking over bridges, I don't care how high (or low). When we went to NYC Karl wanted to walk over The Brooklyn Bridge. I did it with him but I was nervous the whole time. Silly, but a real fear for me. Some are worse than others....I like solid walkways better than those with planks (like the Brooklyn Bridge). And when we drive over them, I pray too....especialy if I'm the one driving! Too funny....I think we're soul sisters....

Glad to see you guys are out and about and that the storm and flooding last weekend was tolerable, if a bit scary and chaotic!

bunny, The Paris House said...

Hi Mimi, I know that bridge you were on and I panicked once and couldn't drive over it...My palms get drenched in sweat when I drive over some bridges. I am glad you got through that horrible storm. It is beautiful up here in New England and I hear Jersey is having great weather too. We will be back around Sunday??? Lets try and get together for lunch next week???
Hope all is well
xoxo

Life with Kaishon said...

Random adventures are my favorite : )

4 Blessings said...

Glad to read about whats new with you guys. Love Sam's haircut :)
Blessings,
Amy

carole said...

*love* the sparkly boots

am afraid of long bridges - and tunnels - too

love sam's new 'do'

am happy i just remembered to check in here because i've been having a grumpy day & this helped a bit ...

also love ikea

Delane said...

I LOVE Ikea! There is one about 2 hours from us, and I don't make there very often. And, yes their food is yummy!

Stacey said...

I love those boots, and I hate going over long bridges also.

theelizabethhighsmith said...

hello sweet mimi,
something brought you to my mind on my evening walk! i miss you in my feeder or is it a reader. glad to see you are moved. you are so brave and so positive and i know that's Jesus in you. i will say a prayer for your house to sell and for your joy to be full. and oh honey i might just go to ikea for the food. move over meat balls mama wants a hot dog and an ice cream cone. try those they're yumo!

oh and could those puppets be any cuter, i don't think so!

These Are The Days said...

Sorry Mimi, I'm having a hard time remembering to physically type in your blog. I've cut way back on my blogging time so I'm always rushing. I'll have to catch up on what I've missed. Life's been busy around here w/ selling our home and buying that property AND a 2+ week spring break. That's SO cool you got to meet a blogger in real life. I have yet to do that. As for the fear of bridges...I knew we were soul sisters for a reason. As soon as I became a mom, I suddenly had a fear of them. We can power through it though. My boys love to psych me out every time we go over one. Talk more soon. Jess

Serendipity is Sweet said...

The boys look so cute...and grown up! But they are still cute, wink.

I'm afraid of bridges too. And they are everywhere here! The shorter ones aren't so bad, but those big tall ones...all I can do is pray.

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Hey Mimi,

I hope you are having a great day! I have something for you on my blog when you get a chance:http://www.serendipityissweet.com/2010/03/hersheys-better-basket-blop-hop-for.html

Alicia said...

Your boys are too cute!! They always have the biggest smiles on their faces!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...