March 8, 2010

For Your Viewing Pleasure

 
 So, I have a smorgasborg (is that how you spell it?)...anyway....I have a whole bunch of random pictures. I'll try to make some sense out of them. Though, I rarely make sense anymore.
The above picture is the lovely cake that our sweet friends surprised us with before we left NY. It was delicious.



 I love this picture of Sam holding his friend's face. Sam has a habit of holding peoples faces while he talks to you. It may sound odd....but it's really sweet (and he only does it to those he is super close with). 


I just may cry while posting these photos....these people are so dear to me.


My girlfriend, Carol, wove me....yes, she hand wove me a beautiful basket (that I didn't photograph-oops). Take my word....it's adorable. She's so talented.
  
  
This is a rare event.....I actually got a photo of Carla(she's on the couch, in the black) and her girls (Sandy too!-she's Carla's oldest friend, and a very funny lady).  So....we got this random idea to cut some hair. Karis was our target....bangs were our goal.
 
She was such a good sport. 


I think they look great on her. That was a fun afternoon of good laughing.


My girlfriend gave me this cute mug. The other side says "how you handle plan B is the true test of character". I think I've been failing in that area.....trying to do better. Pick myself up off the ground (more on that later). 


  
We were so blessed....thankful...and touched by the support and love that surrounded us.


They have been friends since they were toddlers.


  
A snowstorm arrived the day of our move. Greg was on his way home from a business trip....he arrived the moment the movers were leaving our driveway.


What a day.


My super-star cleaning buddy. 


A special goodbye to great grandma and great aunt Nancy. They are such sweethearts. 
There were so many pictures that I forgot to take.....of so many things. I wish I had taken more of our last month in NY!!
  
On our way to our new state...in another snowstorm. That's Greg's car in front of me.


We arrived safely....went to our hotel and ordered some chinese food. We thought this random noodle on the table was sort of funny....looks like the Christian fish symbol. Yes, we are weirdos.


Home sweet temporary home.


  
The best part of our apartment complex.....the play area (more to share about that later, too)


  

So, there you have it....our new adventure has officially begun.




9 comments:

Delane said...

Love the pictures! Glad you are back to blogging! I'm sure you will get back on your feet - stay on your knees!

Carla said...

How come some people look so good in pictures? I HATE having pictures taken of me but I love looking at all of the pictures you did take. The one of the windshield almost made me cry.

Tara said...

I guess y'all are pros but just seeing y'all driving in all that snow makes me nervous. I remember hearing on the news about that snow storm and I was thinking about you. Glad you got to take so many pictures of your friends. Looks like y'all are settling in nicely at your new place...or at least in the play area!! I'll email soon!

4 Blessings said...

Glad all is going well with the transitioning. I am sure you will be deeply missed by your friends.
Blessings,
Amy

Bunny, The Paris House said...

Hi Mimi,
You have been so busy!! Is that your grandma or G's?? she is sooooo cute!! Oh how I miss my grandmothers. We have been in Vermont and upstate NY on and off and now are back in NJ for a few days ( my boys are on break for a couple weeks) . I just drove by Whole Foods and that area today, thought of you as I passed by. We must make plans to meet for lunch one day soon. Call me or email me anytime.
I wish you all great happiness and many blessings here in NJ
xoxo
Bunny
(ps, still having problems with my tooth/root canal and now may possibly have an ear infection, tomorrow I am off to the Dr's, this has been going on for so long, I still think I need some vitamin B's too, oh well it is always something!! )

Darcie said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see your smiling face again Mimi! You are so beautiful with your smile and I am so glad to see it still in place through out what I am sure were some difficult goodbyes! You are so loved...that is obvious.

Thanks for all the pictures of your adventure called "moving". LOVE THE MUG!!!! Totally true. Thanks for uploading these pictures and sharing them with your blogging buddies. We love ya!

Life with Kaishon said...

I am so excited you have the most wonderful weekend to enjoy in New Joisey this week! YAY for small blessings. XO

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

driving in that snow storm did not look fun. I hate to drive in weather like that.
the playground sounds wonderful for the boys.
i love how he puts his hand on your face. you know his wife is going to love that loving, sweet gesture someday.
i look forward to reading about your new adventure!

Pilar said...

Oh i need a mug like yours so much right now... so hard to go with plan B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...