We have entered into the .....finding our groove mode. It happens every September. I'm getting pretty used to it....especially the discouraging thoughts that come with finding our groove. My motto this school year is......
1. I will not compare.....no ma'am, not going to happen.
2. I will view our homeschooling journey as unique and make it our own.
3. I will allow my house to get messy while I give specific attention to the boys....having a messy house will also include- not putting on clothes until I determine is necessary, if necessary.
4. I will realize that we will not always get our "seat work" done in the morning. In fact, we can come up with our own unique schedule-to be changed when I determine is necessary, if necessary.
5. I will keep in mind that these days are precious.....the boys will not want me to play with them forever.
6. I will maintain my.....heart of a child with the body of a 42 yr old.....in doing so, my body of a 42 yr old just may stay fit and full of energy.
7. I will refer to this list on days where I lose focus.....forget why I am homeschooling....or discouragement creeps in.
8. I will try to keep computer time to a minimum.....or at least stay off until I determine is necessary, if necessary.
Above is a picture of some books I found for about $3 total.....love it. Below is a picture of the boys playing one of our favorite games.....Scrambled States of America.