November 19, 2010

My Favorite Boots

Since my last post(s) was a bit deep......I wanted to head into the weekend with something fun. As we know, because we no longer have a home to decorate....I need to focus my joy of decorating in another direction. Yes, I'm still trying to find ways to make our temporary digs feel like home, but basically....all that means is moving things around...or purchasing storage bins. I currently do not have any favorite home items *sigh*. No biggie....I'm moving on....to boots.

I love, love the look and ease of boots this season. All kinds of boots. I am an equal opportunity boot-er. I love the look of tucking your jeans into boots. Pair that with a long sweater....and I'm pretty sure that will be my uniform this season. So, I've decided to link up with 320 Sycamore Lane and share my list of favorite things boots. I have to add that because I was born with a huge frugal bone in my body {I think I got it from my Nana} each of my purchases were with bargain in mind.

This first pair was my super deal of the month (a couple months ago).....after almost purchasing them online at Target for full price (which was a great price $39.99) I happened to find them while strolling the aisles...in my size....for $9.98. They are soft like butter and fit perfectly over my jeans..... Love 'em.

This next pair was part of a 2 for ....sort of....package. Again, at Target online. If you purchased 2 pairs, you would get both for 20% off, plus free shipping(I believe they are doing a similar deal now). They are real leather....a sort of strange cognac color, but Greg chose the color....didn't want to make him feel bad by rejecting his input. They were only $39.99 plus 20% off.
I wasn't so sure about these leather boots. Again, Target online....part of that 2 for deal. Originally $49.99....plus 20% off. Real, thick awesome leather. Probably not as awesome as a Fry boot....but they work for me....especially because I'm pretty hard on my boots. I'm still trying to figure out how to wear these....I sort of feel like an east coast cowboy in them....though they are engineer boots?

{not this exact pair, but very similar}
This last pair was my best boot bargain. They were in my closet and I didn't even know it. That's what moving and storage can do to you....things get hidden or forgotten {I'm working on that by simplifying}. I had purchased these boots years ago. I stopped wearing them because they were a little loose...and just felt awkward. That is....until I tried wearing them over my jeans. They now fit perfect....and basically didn't cost a dime. At least I can't remember what they cost...it was that long ago, but guarantee it was a bargain{at least I hope}.

*The best place to find Target boots is onine at http://www.target.com/  The store does not have the same deals or selection.

11 comments:

The Starr Family said...

Kindred spirits... what would we do without boots? They make everything feel a little more fun! Love all of yours!

ps... you can wear your boots all over your temporary digs, might add a little kick to your step!

Melissa said...

What a collection of boots...I love them and you got great deals! Good luck with this next chapter of your life. *You* are what will make it feel like home to your boys. Hugs to you~

Dawn said...

I'm a boot gal too. I can't wait until the fall so I can start wearing them again

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

I had to click on your link because we both had an image of a boot to show our favorite things! haha Mine are from Target too. Seriously, that store gets better and better all the time! :)

B. said...

Clearly I need to get to the boot aisle at Target.

Deni said...

Oh my word...I want every single one of those pairs of boots, I think I know where I will be heading this week!

Unknown said...

I recently bought my first of boots, and now I can't get enough. Awesome finds.

Tara said...

Not much of a boot girl though I do have one pair. I would like to get some black ones to wear with skirts/dresses. I think my knees are too fat though!

Happy Thanksgiving to your family!!

Delane said...

I have an obsession with shoes. I love them. And boots are right up there of favorite things. I love the one's with the buckle!

Unknown said...

You are something special! Love your boots. : )

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You ARE a boot lover! The ones that really speak to me are the last pair. I really think I need some!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...